Siobhan is a freelance writer specializing in culture, history, food and wine. Her work has appeared on Wine Enthusiast, Serious Eats, Men’s Journal, and Food & Wine. She has also written two cookbooks.
- Siobhan has written for Spruce Eats since July 2020.
- Her work has appeared on Wine Enthusiast, Serious Eats, Men’s Journal, and Food & Wine. She has also written two cookbooks.
- Siobhan has a Masters degree in Food Studies from New York University.
In addition to writing for outlets like Wine Enthusiast, Serious Eats, Men’s Journal, and Food & Wine, Siobhan has also written two cookbooks: “New York a la Cart: Recipes and Stories from the Big Apple’s Best Food Trucks” (Running Press, 2013) and “The Kitchen Without Borders: Recipes and Stories from Refugees and Immigrant Chefs” (Workman, 2021). She loves to demystify the kitchen for home cooks, and knows what tools will help you create masterpieces. In addition to her food writing, Siobhan has also worked as a baker and passed the WSET Level 2, Wines, with Distinction. She lives in a small studio in Brooklyn, New York.
Siobhan has a B.A. in History from Hunter College and a M.A. in Food Studies from New York University.
- Podcasts for Every Wine Lover, From Beginners to Experts, Wine Enthusiast
- 10 Clever Names for Your Sourdough Starters, Food52
- These 6 Cast-Iron Skillets Improve on a Kitchen Must Have, Men's Journal
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.