This sirloin burger soup is an easy and tasty family favorite, and the slow cooker makes it a breeze to cook. You can make the burgers for the recipe yourself, or buy lean frozen burger patties to make this recipe even easier.
The burgers are grilled or fried and then cut into pieces and added to the soup.
- 1 can/1 1/2 cups regular beef broth
- 1 can/10 1/2 ounces beef broth (condensed)
- 1 can/14.5 ounces tomatoes (diced)
- 3/4 cup carrots (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 to 1 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 1/1 to 1 1/2 cups potato (large and cut in small cubes)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (as needed)
- 2 to 3 lean burgers (formed into patties - frozen burgers are easy for this)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (freshly chopped)
- Optional: 1/4 cup frozen corn
- Optional: 1/4 cup frozen peas
In crockpot, combine beef broth and condensed broth with tomatoes, chopped carrots, onion, celery, and potato. Add a little pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, until vegetables are tender.
Cook the burgers in a grill pan, on charcoal or gas grill, in a skillet or under a broiler, using a little oil in the pan or broiler rack.
Cut cooked burgers into small pieces and add to the soup. Add peas and corn, if using. Cook on LOW for about 2 hours longer.
Glass Bakeware Warning
Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Even if it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally.
- Season the burgers with a burger grill seasoning before cooking.