A sirloin tip roast is marinated in dry red wine before it is rubbed with seasonings and then roasted to perfection. It's a basic roast beef recipe, and it is an excellent choice to serve with mashed potatoes.
This oven roast is made with a little red wine and a variety of dried herbs and seasonings.
If you like gravy with your roast beef, see the easy optional gravy below the recipe instructions.
- 1 sirloin tip roast, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- About 2 hours before roasting, combine the roast and red wine in a food storage bag; refrigerate.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl about 10 minutes before roasting time.
- Take the roast out of the wine marinade and place it on a rack in baking pan. Rub all over with the herb and seasoning mixture.
- Roast at 350° for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until roast is about 135° on a meat thermometer for medium-rare.
Optional Gravy With or Without Drippings
- Put 2 tablespoons of pan drippings (or use butter) in a saucepan and place it over medium heat.
- In a cup or small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water and mix until smooth.
- Add to the drippings and whisk to blend.
- Add 2 cups of low sodium beef broth or unsalted stock.
- Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with the roast beef.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|