- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups blackberries (picked over, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter (cold, cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Heat the oven to 400 F (200 C/Gas 6).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries; combine gently. Transfer to a seasoned cast iron skillet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/4 cup boiling water and stir the mixture until it just forms a dough.
- Bring the blackberry mixture to a boil in the skillet, stirring. Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the boiling mixture.
- Place the skillet on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cobbler in the middle of the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|