|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 62g||80%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||108%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Serve this chicken with rice, potatoes, or angel hair pasta and a tossed salad.
Add a few tablespoons of dry white wine to the chicken stock if you'd like.
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves (boneless and without skin)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Dash of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: garlic powder
- For the Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 scant teaspoon zest)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash freshly ground pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Sprinkle the chicken breast halves with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the boneless chicken breast halves and cook over medium heat, turning, until both sides are nicely browned.
Add the chicken stock to the skillet and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes longer, until chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, melt the 6 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan; add the chives, juice and zest, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a dash of pepper. Bring to a simmer.
Drizzle the sauce over the chicken just before serving.
- Add a few lemon slices to the pan along with the chicken stock.
- Add a few tablespoons of dry white wine to the chicken stock if you'd like.