Easy fish nuggets with a pancake mix and bread crumb batter.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil for frying
- 3 pounds fish fillets
- Dash of lemon pepper
- Dash of garlic salt
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat (about 350° to 365°).
- Cut fish in bite-sized pieces.
- Lightly sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Combine pancake mix and bread crumbs in a large plastic food storage bag.
- Dip fish in a mixture of beaten egg and water.
- Place fish in bag to coat with crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil for 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain well on paper towels; serve fried fish nuggets immediately with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|