This skillet lemon chicken is a snap to fix and cook, and tastes great with hot buttered noodles or rice. Feel free to use a dry white wine to replace the Marsala wine.
Lemon Chicken With Garlic
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (skin removed)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash of salt
- 4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons dry Marsala wine (or a dry Chardonnay)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: parsley (freshly chopped)
- Place chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap; gently pound to thin to an even thickness. Combine flour, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in a plastic food storage bag. Add chicken and coat well; shake excess flour mixture off.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Sauté chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turn and sprinkle with a little salt. Place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet with a little more butter, if needed. Sauté for 3 minutes, until browned and tender. Add green onions and sauté 1 minute longer. Add Marsala wine and lemon juice; simmer for 1 minute. Put chicken back in skillet; simmer for 1 minute longer.
- Arrange chicken on platter; pour sauce and mushrooms over the chicken and garnish with a little chopped parsley.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||83 g|
|Saturated Fat||23 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|