These skillet pork chops are seasoned, browned, then simmered in a milk gravy. Serve these tender, flavorful chops with mashed potatoes and peas or greens.
- Combine flour, salt, and seasoned salt in a wide bowl or pie plate. Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour, reserving remaining seasoned flour for the gravy.
- In a large skillet in hot oil over medium heat, brown the chops, turning to brown both sides. This will take about 6 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove pork chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add 2 tablespoons of reserved seasoned flour to the drippings; blend until smooth.
- Combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup of water; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Continue cooking over low heat until milk gravy is smooth and thickened.
- Serve gravy with pork chops.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|