A simple mushroom gravy flavors these tasty hamburger steaks.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix, divided
- 1/4 cupdry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or shortening
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (4 ounces)
- Gently but thoroughly mix beef, 3 tablespoons of soup mix, crumbs, milk, and egg. Shape into 4 patties.
- Brown patties in skillet in oil; pour off excess fat.
- Add remaining onion soup mix and flour; gradually stir in water and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|