|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Vitamin C 16mg||78%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Campari puts an interesting spin on the cosmopolitan. The aperitif has a bitter taste that takes some getting used to, though it plays wonderfully with this vodka martini's citrus flavors to create an approachable drink everyone can enjoy. It makes an impressive before dinner cocktail and is a beautiful addition to any dinner party, no matter what's on the menu.
The Campari cosmo recipe was created to feature Skyy Citrus Vodka and it is a wonderful choice. However, you could also pour either Skyy's blood orange or grapefruit vodka for an equally tasty drink. The vodka's sweet fruitiness is the perfect counterpart to Campari and the orange juice and triple sec add a perfect balance.
2 ounces citrus vodka
1 ounce Campari
1 splash triple sec
1 ounce orange juice
Orange slice, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the citrus vodka, Campari, triple sec, and orange juice.
Garnish with an orange slice. Serve and enjoy.
- The average orange yields between 2 and 3 ounces of juice, so you can easily get a couple of drinks out of a single fruit.
- If you opt for bottled juice, choose one that is pulp-free and not from concentrate for the best tasting drink.
- For the triple sec, Cointreau and Combier are two premium options that will make a great cosmo. Some of the less expensive brands can be very syrupy, so if you want to improve all of your drinks (including margaritas), keep a quality brand in stock.
- A twist of orange peel is a great alternative garnish to a full slice because it looks very elegant when draped over the rim of a cocktail glass. You can also twist it over the drink with a gentle squeeze to express the peel's oils, giving it an extra kiss of brilliant citrus flavor.
- Mix up a small pitcher of this cocktail to make serving it at a dinner party quick and easy. Simply multiply all of the ingredients for the number of drinks you need and stir it up with ice before your guests arrive. Keep it cool in the refrigerator.
- Bring back the cosmo's cranberry flavor by pouring cranberry juice rather than orange.
How Strong Is a Campari Cosmo?
The Campari cosmo is designed to be a short cocktail that's enjoyed with appetizers or dinner. You're not likely to mix up more than one round a night and that's a good thing because it's a pretty strong cocktail. It mixes up to 23 percent ABV (46 proof), which is twice the strength of a glass of wine.