|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 Cocktail (1 Serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A Slippery Nipple is a fun and popular shooter that pairs sambuca and Irish cream liqueurs. It is a layered shot and the two liqueurs are not supposed to mix. Don't worry, it's easy and there are a few Slippery Nipple recipes to choose from, including those that use Kahlua and butterscotch schnapps.
The Slippery Nipple Shot
Sambuca is an anise-flavored liqueur (similar in taste to black licorice) and it is a bit of an acquired taste which can catch you off guard in a shooter like this. The Irish cream does a fair job of taming that taste down and the drink is actually quite good.
You may also see a Slippery Nipple that replaces the sambuca with equal parts of anisette and peppermint schnapps. That is truly one of a unique flavor combination, but you might be one of those people who really dig it.
Pour the sambuca into a shot glass.
Slowly pour the Irish cream over the back of a bar spoon so it floats on top.
Add a drop of grenadine in the middle of the cream to create the 'nipple.' Some bartenders will add a cherry instead, but you get the picture.
- Slippery Nipple No. 3: Simply layer 1/3 ounce each of Kahlua coffee liqueur, butterscotch schnapps, and Irish cream in a shot glass in the order given.
- Dirty Nipple Shot: The Dirty Nipple falls between the two Slippery Nipple recipes and it borrows a little from each of the other drinks. The Sambuca is back and the Kahlua remains. Again, add the grenadine to any of these shots for the full effect. Layer 1/3 ounce each Kahlua, Sambuca, and Irish cream in that order in a shot glass.
How Strong Is the Slippery Nipple Shot?
Sambuca is not a weak liquor and it is often bottled at 42 percent ABV (84 proof), which is higher than the average vodka, tequila or gin. With that in mind, any Slippery Nipple made with sambuca is going to be stronger than many mixed shots. Here is the strength of the variations:
- Slippery Nipple: 28 percent ABV (56 proof)
- Slippery Nipple No. 3: 17 percent ABV (34 proof)
- Dirty Nipple: 25 percent ABV (50 proof)