|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 cocktail (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A slippery nipple is a fun and popular shooter that pairs sambuca and Irish cream liqueurs. It is a layered shot and the two liqueurs are not supposed to mix. Despite the fact that it sounds tricky, the shot is easy to pour.
Sambuca is an anise-flavored liqueur that is similar in taste to black licorice. For some, it may be a bit of an acquired taste, one that can catch you off guard in a shooter like this. The Irish cream does a fair job of taming that assertive anise taste— simply put, the drink is actually quite good.
There are a few slippery nipple recipes to choose from, including those that incorporate Kahlua and butterscotch schnapps, making it similar to a buttery nipple. You may also see a slippery nipple that replaces the sambuca with equal parts of anisette and peppermint schnapps. That version is truly a unique flavor combination, but you might be one of those people who really digs it.
You may be wondering, what is the "nipple" in the drink and how do you get it in there? It comes from a shot of grenadine, which consists of pomegranate juice and simple syrup. You can either make grenadine yourself, or buy it.
Pour the sambuca into a shot glass.
Slowly pour the Irish cream over the back of a bar spoon so it floats on top.
Add a drop of grenadine in the middle of the cream to create the "nipple." Some bartenders will add a cherry instead, but you get the picture. Enjoy!
- Slippery Nipple No. 3: Simply layer 1/3 ounce each of Kahlua coffee liqueur, butterscotch schnapps, and Irish cream in a shot glass in the order given.
- Dirty Nipple Shot: The Dirty Nipple falls between the two Slippery Nipple recipes and it borrows a little from both of those drinks. The Sambuca is back and the Kahlua remains. Again, add the grenadine to any of these shots for the full effect. Layer 1/3 ounce each Kahlua, Sambuca, and Irish cream in that order in a shot glass.
- Duck Fart: Yes, you read that name correctly. Start with Kahlua on the bottom, slowly pour Irish cream next over the back of a spoon to create a layer, and top it off with whiskey.
How Strong Is the Slippery Nipple Shot?
Sambuca is not a weak liquor and it is often bottled at 42 percent ABV (84 proof), which is higher than the average vodka, tequila, or gin. With that in mind, any Slippery Nipple made with sambuca is going to be stronger than many mixed shots. Here is the strength of the variations:
- Slippery Nipple: 28 percent ABV (56 proof)
- Dirty Nipple: 25 percent ABV (50 proof)
- Slippery Nipple No. 3: 17 percent ABV (34 proof)