|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||41%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These sloppy joe sandwiches are perfect for family lunches, dinner, or parties. For a party or tailgating event, serve the sloppy joe mixture hot from a slow cooker and have buns, plates, and napkins available for guests.
For a delicious family meal, all you need to go with the sandwiches is chips or fries and a side of coleslaw.
- 3 pounds ground beef (85% to 90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onions (about 2 medium or 1 large onion)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato ketchup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 8 split and toasted sandwich buns or hamburger buns
Cook the ground beef with onion, salt, and pepper until beef is no longer pink, stirring frequently to break up and brown evenly.
Sprinkle flour over beef; stir to blend thoroughly. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and water. Simmer, stirring often, for 15 to 25 minutes, or until thickened.
Serve the sloppy joe mixture with toasted sandwich buns.
Tips and Variations