These plums would also be great with a big breakfast or brunch. Feel free to use a cinnamon stick in the plums instead of the ground cinnamon.
- 3 pounds plums (about 12 to 14)
- 1 cup sugar (or more if the plums are quite tart)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Wash the plums. Halve the plums, remove the pits, and cut in half again. Add them to the slow cooker. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Combine cold water with cornstarch and drizzle over the plums.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 3 hours.
- Serve the plums as a side dish with roast pork or ham or as a dessert with cream or whipped topping.
- These plums can also be packed into containers and frozen.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|