You might not think of amaretto liqueur as a complementary ingredient with chicken, but the flavors in this dish will convince you. Amaretto and curry seasonings flavor these easy slow cooker chicken breasts perfectly. The browned boneless chicken breasts cook in the slow cooker with curry powder, condensed soup, and mushrooms. Feel free to substitute with boneless chicken thighs in this recipe.
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms (or use fresh)
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- Optional: 1 teaspoon browning sauce (e.g.,Gravy Master, Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pat the chicken breast halves with paper towels to dry.
- Combine the flour, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a plastic or paper bag. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, arrange the chicken pieces in the pan. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer the browned chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the condensed soup, mushrooms, and amaretto. Add browning sauce, if using, and the lemon juice. Spoon the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||73 g|
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|