This cinnamon-scented apple crisp dessert is cooked in the slow cooker. Serve it with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or drizzle with caramel sauce or praline sauce.
It's an easy way to cook an apple crisp. Add some chopped pecans to the topping mixture if you'd like.
Classic Apple Crisp
- 6 medium cooking apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- Optional toppings: vanilla ice cream, maraschino cherries, whipped cream
- Generously butter the crock pot (slow cooker). Arrange apple slices in bottom of the pot. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, spices and butter with fingers or a fork until crumbly.
- Cover the apples with the crumble mixture. Tamp down lightly.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until apples are tender.
- Serve in dessert dishes with any or all of the suggested toppings.
Enjoy...good on a cool, crisp Fall day!
Shared by Ness
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|