This easy one-dish meal recipe for slow cooker apple pork chops with sauerkraut combines some of the best flavors of fall. Sweet potatoes, onion, apples, sauerkraut, and pork are wonderful in this recipe.
Choose boneless loin chops for this recipe; that is the cut that is most tender. Trim off any excess fat from the chops. If they have too much fat, they will change the cooking time and the finished dish will be too greasy.
This is a one-dish meal, so all you really need to serve with it is a green salad tossed with grape tomatoes and mushrooms. Some bread on the side would be nice; consider making some onion scones or garlic bread. For dessert, some rich and fudge-y brownies would be perfect.
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced 1/2" thick)
- 2 onion (chopped)
- 2 Granny Smith apples (cored and sliced)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 6 boneless 1" thick pork chops
- 15-oz. can sauerkraut (rinsed and drained)
- Place sweet potatoes and onions in bottom of 4-5 quart slow cooker. Cover with apple slices.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and pepper and sprinkle over apples.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat for about a minute and add the pork chops. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side to brown slightly.
- Place the pork chops over apples in the slow cooker. Top with sauerkraut.
- Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or until pork chops are tender.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|