You have guests coming over tonight, and you want to prepare a meal that will impress everyone with its memorable flavor and complexity. The trouble is your "to-do" list is packed with chores you must perform today, and spending long hours in the kitchen simply doesn't fit into your crowded agenda.
You can prepare a delicious meal that will bowl over your guests and still complete all your tasks on time. This delectable casserole can be prepared in the time it takes to heat water and hard-boil an egg. While it slow cooks to perfection, you'll have four hours or more to focus your attention on other priorities.
- 2 cans sliced asparagus, approx. 12 to 15 oz each
- 1 can cream of asparagus soup or cream of celery, 10 3/4 oz
- 1 or 2 hard-cooked eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed saltines or Ritz crackers
- 1 to 2 teaspoons butter
Place drained asparagus in lightly buttered slow cooker.
Combine cream of celery or asparagus soup and the shredded cheese.
Top asparagus with sliced hard-cooked eggs, soup mixture, then the cracker crumbs.
Dot with butter.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.