These baked apples take just a few minutes to prepare, then they cook hands-free in the slow cooker.
- 6 to 8 medium cooking apples (McIntosh, Rome Beauty, Granny Smith, Fuji, Jonathan, etc.)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Remove a little of the peel around the top of the apples and remove the cores.
- In a bowl, mix raisins, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; fill the center of apples.
- Place the apples in the slow cooker and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon. Dot with the butter pieces.
- Pour 1/2 cup warm water around the apples.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until apples are tender.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|