These easy "baked" potatoes are cooked in the crockpot or slow cooker instead of the oven. This is an excellent alternative to the traditional oven-baked potato on those days when you won't be home to bake potatoes in the oven in time for dinner, or if you need the oven space for other dishes you are cooking.
These crockpot baked potatoes are also perfect when you plan to make a recipe that requires baked potatoes as an ingredient—you will be one step closer to the final dish! Think of how much easier a twice baked potato recipe will be after a long day—all you will have to do is scoop out the potato, mix with the remaining ingredients, place in the potato shells, and pop in the oven for just 15 minutes. Or just think—that potato salad you promised to bring to the cookout will be ready in no time!
- 8 potatoes (or more if smaller sized)
- Optional: butter, seasonings, and toppings to taste
- Prick potatoes with a fork and wrap each potato in aluminum foil.
- Fill a dry slow cooker with the wrapped potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until potatoes are tender. Prick with a fork to check—the potatoes should feel soft and tender inside.
- Serve with butter and seasonings along with other toppings if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|