This beef and barley soup comes together easily in your crockpot and is the perfect recipe for a winter night. It's ready and waiting for you upon arriving home from work or school. Serve this hearty beef and barley soup with crusty bread or rolls.
- 1 pound lean stew beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3/4 cup barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- In crockpot, combine stew beef with onion, celery, carrots, barley, bay leaf, and beef broth.
- Cover and cook the soup on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|