Simply delectable, these slow cooker BBQ beef ribs are moist, tender and flavorful. Give the short ribs a quick sear to seal in the flavor before placing into your slow cooker.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) short beef ribs
- 1 cup (240 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) beef stock
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water, plus 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
2. Apply salt and black pepper to ribs. Place ribs into skillet and sear all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes total.
3. Remove from pan and add to slow cooker.
4. Combine beef stock, wine, and 1/4 cup (60 mL) of water and pour over ribs. Place lid on the slow cooker, set temperature for medium heat and allow ribs to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. At this point, the ribs will render a lot of fat.
5. Drain ribs and place back into slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce, 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of water, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, chili powder, and garlic powder until mixed through. Pour mixture over ribs and reduce heat to low. Allow ribs to cook for another 2 to 3 hours.
6. Serve with your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||99 g|
|Saturated Fat||41 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||48 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|