This is a flavorful stew for the slow cooker, perfect for an everyday family meal. Serve this stew with warm crusty rolls or hot buttered biscuits and a salad.
- 3 to 4 pounds top sirloin roast
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large potatoes (cut in 1 to 2-inch cubes)
- 2 medium carrots (sliced)
- 2 ribs celery (sliced)
- 1 large onion (chopped, 1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
- Trim the roast and cut into bite-size pieces. In a food storage bag, combine the flour, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the beef cubes and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring, for about 4 to 5 minutes, until browned.
- Put potatoes, carrots, and celery in the slow cooker; top with half of the onions.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Top with the browned beef then the remaining onions.
- Combine the condensed soup and beer; pour about 1 cup into the hot pan and scrape up any browned bits. Pour the pan contents and remaining beer and broth mixture over the beef. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|