This slow cooker beef roast can be shredded and served with baked or roasted potatoes or noodles, or make sandwiches and serve them with chips or fries.
A tangy homemade barbecue sauce flavors this beef, and the slow cooker makes it a very easy dish to prepare and cook.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 beef roast, lean chuck or rump roast
- Dash of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or white vinegar
- Few drops of hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the roast with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper; dust with flour.
- Brown roast in the hot oil on all sides; transfer to the slow cooker.
- To the skillet, add all sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer; pour over beef roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours longer, or until the beef is very tender.
- Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Use for sandwiches, French dips, or serve with roasted or baked potatoes and vegetables.
"This recipe was easy to prepare and the results were incredible. I cut the chili powder to 1/8 tsp. because we don't like overly spicy food. It didn't come out bland at all. We used a rolled rump roast and it was good both by itself and served as a sandwich with hearty potato rolls. The meat was very tasty and not dry...NO leftovers!! We cooked it 5 hours at the last step. This recipe is definitely a keeper." — Michael
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|