|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a basic beef stew for the slow cooker made with beef broth, potatoes and carrots, onions, and a variety of seasonings. This is a great fall or winter stew for any night of the week. Just set the crock pot and forget it!
If you have time, brown the beef in a skillet in a small amount of oil before you add it to the crockpot. Browning enhances the flavor and gives the beef color.
- 10 small new potatoes (halved, unpeeled)
- 12 small whole white onions (peeled, fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 30/8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 red or green bell pepper (seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried leaf)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped) or 1 teaspoon parsley (flakes, dried)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Place the halved potatoes, onions, and baby carrots in the slow cooker. Add bell pepper and beef.
In a small bowl combine the beef broth, oregano, paprika, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over meat and vegetables.
Cover and cook the stew on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Turn pot on high. In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch in the water; stir into cooked stew mixture. Cover and continue cooking the stew on high 15 to 20 mins. or until thickened, stirring occasionally.