Cabbage and apples are slow-cooked with apple juice, mustard, and onions. This is a tasty side dish, easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker.
- 1 medium cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 tart apples, cored, diced
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- Lightly oil the slow cooker or spray with nonstick cooking spray; add the cabbage, diced apples, and sliced onions. Toss with the salt and pepper.
- In a cup, combine the apple juice concentrate, chicken broth, and mustard; pour over the cabbage mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir the mixture every 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|