Serve this easy slow cooker chicken and shrimp with cooked fettuccine, linguine, or spaghetti. Boneless chicken thighs and chicken breasts are cooked in a simple tomato sauce and then the shrimp is added just before the dish is done. Feel free to use all chicken thighs or chicken breasts in the recipe if you prefer.
Add garlic bread and a simple tossed salad for a satisfying meal.
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound pasta (fettuccine, linguine, or spaghetti)
- Pat the chicken thighs and chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken chunks and cook until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Remove the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and saute the onion, garlic, and parsley for about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the wine, tomato sauce, and dried basil. Pour the mixture over the chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the pot. Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 hour longer.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Just before the dish is done, cook the pasta in boiling salted water as directed on the package.
- Add a 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes for a chunkier sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|