|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This great tasting chicken dish is made with chicken breasts, mushrooms, tomatoes, and seasonings. It's easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets or boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed and crushed or minced
- 1/4 tp 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 jar or can (4 to 6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
Wash chicken and pat dry.
If chicken breasts are large or very thick, slice each one horizontally to make 2 thin cutlets, then pound between sheets of plastic wrap to even thickness.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken breast cutlets with salt and pepper, lightly dip in the flour. Brown the chicken on both sides.
In the slow cooker insert, combine the crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic, red pepper, and mushrooms. Add the browned chicken pieces.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Note: If you use fresh mushrooms, slice and saute in a few teaspoons of oil or butter after browning the chicken, then add to the tomato mixture with the chicken.
You Might Also Like