|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||47%|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||20%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This great tasting chicken dish is made with chicken breasts, mushrooms, tomatoes, and seasonings. It's easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets or boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed and crushed or minced
- 1/4 tp 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 jar or can (4 to 6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Gather the ingredients.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- If chicken breasts are large or very thick, slice each one horizontally to make 2 thin cutlets, then pound between sheets of plastic wrap to even thickness.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken breast cutlets with salt and pepper, lightly dip in the flour. Brown the chicken on both sides.
- In the slow cooker insert, combine the crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic, red pepper, and mushrooms. Add the browned chicken pieces.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Note: If you use fresh mushrooms, slice and saute in a few teaspoons of oil or butter after browning the chicken, then add to the tomato mixture with the chicken.