This easy slow cooked chicken and rice dish is flavored with curry powder, ginger, and other seasonings.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch strips or chunks)
- 2 large onions (quartered and sliced thinly)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- Dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Mix all ingredients, except rice, together in the slow cooker or Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on low from 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Serve over rice or noodles
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||70 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|