|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 38g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||66%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These drumsticks are slow roasted in the slow cooker with a spicy Cajun-style coating. It's a simple recipe, and easy on the budget. Serve the chicken with macaroni and cheese or scalloped potatoes for a great-tasting everyday family meal.
No Cajun or Creole seasoning? Try this homemade salt-free Cajun spice blend.
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if there is salt in the Cajun seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 to 10 chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
Combine the Cajun or Creole seasoning with the brown sugar, salt, pepper, and melted butter.
Arrange the drumsticks in the bottom of a 6 to 7-quart slow cooker* and rub all over with the seasoning and butter mixture.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
Drain off excess juices, turn, and continue cooking on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours longer, until the chicken is browned and juices run clear.