Use leftover chicken or turkey in this tasty crockpot chicken pie. The pie crust is finished in the oven.
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey (diced)
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 1 stalk celery (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3 cups potatoes (cubed)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning blend
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
Gather the ingredients.
Combine chicken, chicken broth, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, celery, onion, bay leaf, potatoes, and mixed vegetables in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or on high 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Remove bay leaf.
Heat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl, mix milk and flour. Gradually stir flour and milk mixture into the slow cooker. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and poultry seasoning.
Remove the liner from slow cooker base and carefully place 9-inch pie crust over the mixture.
Place the crockery inside the preheated oven and bake, uncovered, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until browned.
If your liner is not removable or is too large for the crust, put the mixture in a casserole dish, cover with the pie crust and bake as above.
Serve and enjoy!