This easy slow cooker chicken and stuffing is a simple yet flavorful dish. The Swiss cheese and stuffing make it a satisfying meal, and condensed soups are used because they hold up so well in the slow cooker. Add sliced ham along with the Swiss cheese for a cordon bleu-inspired twist.
Chicken broth can be used to replace part or all of the melted butter in the dish.
- 4 chicken breast halves (skinless and boneless)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10.5-ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.5-ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 cups commercial herb stuffing mix (or homemade stuffing mix)
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or additional chicken broth)
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker.
Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts.
Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast.
In a large bowl, combine both cans of soup and milk. Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture.
Sprinkle stuffing mix over all. Drizzle melted butter on top.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.