|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||29%|
|Total Carbohydrate 89g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 24g||87%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you're looking for an easy but tasty chicken recipe for the slow cooker, this is a great choice. Boneless chicken thighs are economical and simple to prepare and cook in the slow cooker. This dish is delicious over hot cooked rice or Mexican-style rice and a salad.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 (12- to 15-ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (4-ounce) can mild chopped green chile pepper
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Remove excess fat from the chicken thighs.
Put the trimmed chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
Add the corn, beans, chile peppers, salsa, taco seasoning, and pepper. Stir to blend ingredients.
Cover and cook on LOW for 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Serve with your choice of sides and enjoy.