Have no fear if you have a busy day ahead of you. Use this recipe, leave the food in the slow cooker, and you'll have a no hassle meal ready by the time you get home! The dish is not only easy -- it's delicious!
Chicken breasts can become somewhat dry if cooked for too long. If you are going to be away for more than 6 hours, consider boneless using chicken thighs. Thighs have a higher fat content, so they stay moist and tender longer.
- 1 (6 oz) package seasoned stuffing crumbs (a "stove top" type stuffing mix)
- 1 large potato (cut into small dice)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup water (or chicken stock)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, divided
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins or boneless breasts
- 1 (12 oz) jar chicken gravy (such as Heinz Homestyle Chicken Gravy)
- Butter the sides and bottom of the crock pot or spray with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- In a bowl, combine the stuffing crumbs with diced potato, green onion, celery, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1/2 cup water or stock.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon of the poultry seasoning.
- Top the stuffing with chicken pieces.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of butter over the chicken and sprinkle with the remaining poultry seasoning.
- Pour the gravy over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. The minimum safe temperature for chicken is 165 F.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|