Apricot preserves and Russian dressing add a unique flavor to this popular Russian chicken recipe. Feel free to use peach or pineapple preserves instead if you prefer. Both the ingredients and preparation make this one of the easiest slow cooker dishes in the world to make while the flavors transport the palate to another place.
- 1 16 ounce bottle of Russian dressing
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- 1 10 ounce jar of apricot preserves
- 4 to 6 pieces chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
Gather the ingredients.
Combine Russian dressing, apricot preserves and onion soup mix in a bowl. Pour into the crockpot.
Sprinkle the chicken with seasoned salt and pepper.
Place chicken, skin side down, in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (high 3 to 4 hours). Boneless chicken breasts may take less time.
- Serve the chicken with its sauce over hot cooked rice. Add steamed green beans or broccoli for a satisfying everyday family meal.
- Add some dried apricots to the chicken about halfway through the cooking time.