This is a very easy slow cooker corn recipe made with the addition of cream cheese and butter. The combination makes for a creamy corn side dish your family will love. This is an excellent side dish to serve with pork chops or a pork loin roast or add it to your holiday dinner menu.
If you're looking for a simple vegetable recipe for the slow cooker, this is an excellent choice.
For extra color and flavor, sauteed chopped bell peppers and onions may be added to the corn. Some other ingredient ideas include chopped pimiento, green onions, snipped chives, bacon, or diced ham.
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Melt cream cheese and butter in the microwave. Stir to blend.*
- Spray the bottom and sides of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the melted cream cheese and butter in slow cooker. Add corn, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Stir to blend ingredients.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker for two hours on LOW.
*You can skip the melting step. Just put the corn in the slow cooker.
Cut the butter and cream cheese into small pieces and add it to the corn. Season with some kosher salt and pepper. Cover and cook for about 3 to 4 hours on low, stirring about halfway through the cooking time. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Substitute 3 cans (12 to 15 ounces each) of drained whole kernel corn for the frozen corn.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|