|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 to 10|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||38%|
|Total Carbohydrate 101g||37%|
|Dietary Fiber 25g||89%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These super easy cowboy beans are cooked in the crockpot with ground beef, a variety of canned beans, and seasonings. Barbecue sauce and molasses give them amazing cookout flavor.
- 1/2 pound lean bacon
- 1 pound ground beef (lean, at least 85%)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1 can pork and beans, 16 oz
- 1 can red kidney beans, 16 oz
- 1 can butter beans, 16 oz
- 1 can baby lima beans, 8 oz
- 1 can great northern beans, 16 oz
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses or maple syrup
- 1 jar barbecue sauce (or use homemade barbecue sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cut the bacon into small pieces; brown in a large skillet. Remove bacon from the rendered fat and set aside.
In the bacon drippings, sauté the onion and bell pepper until tender.
Add the ground beef and brown lightly. Put the meats into the bottom of a crockpot. Add the can of pork and beans.
Drain most of the liquids from the remaining cans of beans and add them to the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Mix well to blend.
Cook on high setting for 1 hour, and then set to low and continue cooking for 5 to 6 hours. Stir occasionally.
Check for seasonings and correct if desired, with a little salt and pepper, or more brown sugar or syrup.