|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Boneless chicken thighs and spicy andouille sausage are slow cooked to perfection in a deliciously seasoned tomato sauce. This chicken recipe is easy to put together with no advance cooking needed. Just cover the slow cooker and plug it in. Serve this flavorful chicken over hot cooked rice for a fabulous meal any night of the week.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless and cut into chunks)
- 12 ounces smoked andouille sausage, cut in 1- to 2-inch lengths
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- Dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- Dash salt and pepper, to taste
- For Serving:
- Cooked rice (white or brown) or pasta (spaghetti or angel hair)
In a slow cooker, combine the chicken thigh pieces, andouille sausage pieces, chopped onions, broth or water, tomatoes (with their juices), tomato paste, Creole seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
Cover and cook the chicken and sausage mixture on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
Add the chopped green bell pepper about an hour before the dish is done.
Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Serve this flavorful chicken and sausage dish over hot boiled rice, or serve it with spaghetti or angel hair pasta.