|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||53%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||28%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
When you want to spice up basic stewed beans, this recipe can certainly come in handy. Filled with beans, bacon and ground beef, this makes a delicious supper for your family. An added benefit is that most of the cook time takes place in a slow cooker. Some of the prep can be done the night before, then put in the crock pot the next morning.
You can enjoy this bean dish in a bowl along with a slice of fresh crusty bread. But this hobo beans recipe is also a perfect side dish for barbecues or picnics. Serve it with bbq ribs or chicken, coleslaw, potato or macroni salad.
- 1 large can Pork & Beans, drained slightly
- 1 small can red or kidney beans, drained slightly
- 1 small can lima beans or black-eyed peas, drained slightly
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 pound bacon, cubed, cooked and drained
- 1 cup onions
- 1 1/2 cup Bar-B-Que sauce
Gather the ingredients.
Mix all—Pork & Beans, red or kidney beans (whichever using), lima beans or black-eyed peas (whichever using), cooked and drained ground beef, cooked, drained and cubed bacon, onions, BBQ sauce—in a slow cooker.
Cook 5 to 6 hours on low.
- You can also use chile beans, pinto beans, northern beans, or navy beans in this dish and use to replace one of the other beans or in addition to.
- Add in 1/2 cup of chopped green or red bell pepper for additional flavor.
How to Store
Any leftover hobo beans should be cooled down and then put in an airtight container . They will keep in the fridge for three to four days. You can reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.