|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This recipe for a well-seasoned pork roast is prepared with a pork loin roast, chopped cranberries, honey, and spices. It's a flavorful roast to enjoy with potatoes and steamed vegetables or serve it with noodles or rice.
Use a food chopper to chop the cranberries or pulse them in the food processor.
The roast makes a fabulous everyday meal, and the slow cooker makes it a snap to prepare and cook. If you don't have honey on hand, feel free to use an equal amount of brown sugar or cane syrup.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 4 to 5 pounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
Trim excess fat from the roast and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Place the pork loin in the slow cooker or Crock Pot.
In a bowl combine cranberries, honey, orange zest, and spices and blend well. Spoon the cranberry mixture over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or until the pork is cooked and tender.
Serve the roast with mashed or baked potatoes and steamed broccoli or green beans. Seasoned cornbread dressing or bread dressing would be an excellent side dish as well.