This recipe for a well-seasoned pork roast is prepared with a pork loin roast, chopped cranberries, honey, and spices. It's a flavorful roast to enjoy with potatoes and steamed vegetables or serve it with noodles or rice.
Use a food chopper to chop the cranberries or pulse them in the food processor.
The roast makes a fabulous everyday meal, and the slow cooker makes it a snap to prepare and cook. If you don't have honey on hand, feel free to use an equal amount of brown sugar or cane syrup.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 4 to 5 pounds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Trim excess fat from the roast and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork loin in the slow cooker or Crock Pot.
- In a bowl combine cranberries, honey, orange zest, and spices and blend well. Spoon the cranberry mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or until the pork is cooked and tender.
- Serve the roast with mashed or baked potatoes and steamed broccoli or green beans. Seasoned cornbread dressing or bread dressing would be an excellent side dish as well.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|