Velveeta cheese makes this hot broccoli dip smooth and flavorful and the slow cooker makes it super easy to cook and serve. It's great when it's served with corn chips for dipping or used as a topping for baked potatoes.
- 1 stick butter (or margarine)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 package/10-ounces frozen broccoli (thawed)
- 1 can/4 ounces chopped mushrooms (drained)
- 1 can/10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese (cut up)
Combine butter or margarine, chopped onion, and broccoli in a small skillet and cook over low heat until onions are clear.
Transfer to the slow cooker. Add mushrooms, soup, and cheese; heat on low for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
Serve immediately or freeze for later.