These tasty slow cooker turkey legs are easy on the budget and full of flavor. A sweet and sour barbecue sauce with pineapple gives them exotic island flavor, and the slow cooker is such an easy way to cook them.
Feel free to add some chopped green onion or a minced clove of garlic to the turkey legs for some extra flavor. Bell pepper chunks or strips would be good as well.
There's very little prep involved. Just put the turkey legs in the slow cooker, pour the simple homemade sauce over them, and press the button. Go about your day and come home to a delicious meal.
Serve these turkey legs with rice, noodles, or potatoes and your choice of side vegetable for a satisfying everyday meal.
- 4 to 6 turkey legs
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Lightly grease the crockery liner of the slow cooker.
- Arrange the turkey legs in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over the turkey legs and turn to coat legs well. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. They might be falling apart if cooked too long, so begin checking them for tenderness after about 7 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||94 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|