These tasty slow cooker turkey legs are easy on the budget and full of flavor. A sweet and sour barbecue sauce with pineapple gives them tropical island flavor, and the slow cooker is such an easy way to cook them.
There's little prep involved; just put the turkey legs in the slow cooker, pour the simple homemade sauce over them, and press the button. Go about your day and come home to a delicious meal.
Serve these turkey legs with rice, noodles, or potatoes and your choice of side vegetable for a satisfying everyday meal.
- 4 to 6 turkey legs
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Optional: 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
Gather the ingredients.
Lightly grease the crockery liner of the slow cooker.
Arrange the turkey legs in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over the turkey legs and turn to coat legs well.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. They might be falling apart if cooked too long, so begin checking them for tenderness after about 7 hours.
Serve and enjoy.
- Feel free to add some chopped green onion or a minced clove of garlic to the turkey legs for some extra flavor.
- Bell pepper chunks or strips would be good as well.