This is a favorite Italian beef recipe from Pam, made with a pot roast and Italian salad dressing. The pepperoncini adds extra flavor to the meat.
Thicken the liquids to make a sauce for the beef or serve the shredded beef with some of the juices and prepared brown gravy.
- 1 rump roast or lean chuck, about 4 pounds
- 1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini mix with a little of the juice
- 1 cup beef stock, low sodium or unsalted
- 2 tablespoons flour mixed with 1/4 cup water until smooth, optional
- Place the rump roast in a slow cooker or crock pot.
- Sprinkle the Italian salad dressing mix over the roast.
- Add the pepperoncini mixture and beef stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or until very tender.
- Remove the beef to a plate and shred it.
- If desired, stir the flour mixture into the juices to thicken.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Add the meat to the gravy.
Serve on toasted split rolls or as open-faced sandwiches on sliced bread or toast
- Serve the shredded beef on bread with some of the pepperoncini and juices along with brown gravy from a jar or prepared mix.
- Add 1 large sliced onion to the slow cooker before you add the beef roast.
You Might Also Like