This easy slow cooker round steak recipe is a snap to fix with a jar of spaghetti sauce, Parmesan cheese, and some optional vegetables.
Serve this hearty round steak dish with hot cooked spaghetti or a similar pasta, along with baked garlic bread. Add a tossed salad for a satisfying everyday family dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak or lean tender chuck steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 carrot, julienne cut or shredded, optional
- 1 jar (approx. 15 ounces) chunky garden spaghetti sauce or your favorite
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut round steak into 5 or 6 serving-size pieces, or cut it into strips. Sprinkle with salt, oregano, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the sliced onions in the slow cooker. Arrange the steak pieces over the onions and sprinkle with the carrots, if using. Pour spaghetti sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender. Add the Parmesan cheese and cook for about 15 minutes longer.
Serve with hot cooked spaghetti.
Tips and Variations
- Use sirloin tips or a lean chuck steak in the recipe instead of round steak.
- Slice 1 seeded bell pepper — green, red, or yellow — into strips and add it to the pot along with the beef.
- Add 1 sliced summer squash or zucchini to the pot with the spaghetti sauce.
- Add 1 can (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes to the sauce along with 3 tablespoons of tomato paste for a thick and chunky sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|