|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||37%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy slow cooker round steak recipe is a snap to fix with a jar of spaghetti sauce, Parmesan cheese, and some optional vegetables.
Serve this hearty round steak dish with hot cooked spaghetti or a similar pasta, along with baked garlic bread. Add a tossed salad for a satisfying everyday family dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak or lean tender chuck steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 cup onions (sliced)
- Optional: 1 carrot (julienne cut or shredded)
- 1 (approx. 15 ounces) jar chunky garden spaghetti sauce (or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
Gather the ingredients.
Cut round steak into 5 or 6 serving-size pieces, or cut it into strips.
Sprinkle with salt, oregano, and freshly ground black pepper.
Put the sliced onions in the slow cooker. Arrange the steak pieces over the onions and sprinkle with the carrots, if using.
Pour spaghetti sauce overall.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender. Add the Parmesan cheese and cook for about 15 minutes longer.
Serve and enjoy!
- Use sirloin tips or a lean chuck steak in the recipe instead of round steak.
- Slice 1 seeded bell pepper—green, red, or yellow—into strips and add it to the pot along with the beef.
- Add 1 sliced summer squash or zucchini to the pot with the spaghetti sauce.
- Add 1 can (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes to the sauce along with 3 tablespoons of tomato paste for a thick and chunky sauce.