|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This slow cooker pot roast is made with a bottom round or chuck shoulder roast, jalapeno peppers, and other seasonings. Shred the spicy beef and use it in corn or flour tortillas with chopped tomatoes and onions. Top with sour cream, or guacamole.
- 1 pot roast, about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds, chuck shoulder or bottom round
- 1 can jalapeno peppers with liquid, about 4 ounces
- 1 large onion, quartered and thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Gather the ingredients.
Place the meat in the slow cooker or crock pot. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, and vinegar.
Cover and cook the beef on low 8 to 10 hours, or until it is very tender.
Remove the beef to a platter and shred for sandwiches or tortillas, or serve it with rice or potatoes.