- 1 pot roast, about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds, chuck shoulder or bottom round
- 1 can jalapeno peppers with liquid, about 4 ounces
- 1 large onion, quartered and thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Place the meat in the slow cooker or crock pot. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, and vinegar.
- Cover and cook the beef on low 8 to 10 hours, or until it is very tender.
- Remove the beef to a platter and shred for sandwiches or tortillas, or serve it with rice or potatoes. Serves 6 to 8.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|