- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (cut up, or about 3 1/2 pounds of chicken pieces)
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano (crumbled dry)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry wine, sherry,
- 1 cup of chicken broth, or water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of garlic and oregano over the chicken.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat and brown chicken on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to crockpot. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and garlic. Add wine or sherry to the sauté pan and stir to loosen brown bits; pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW (200°) for 7 to 8 hours. Add lemon juice last hour.
- Skim fat from juices and pour to a serving bowl; thicken juices, if desired.
- Serve chicken with juices.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||59 g|
|Saturated Fat||18 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|