These tasty lentils are full of flavor. The lentils are slow cooked with garlic, tomatoes, carrots, celery, and cheese.
- 1 pound lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped, with liquid
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon leaf sage, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place all ingredients, except the cheese, in the slow cooker and cook on the HIGH setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Serve hot, topped with more cheese if desired.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|