- 1 pork shoulder roast, 3 to 4 lbs, trimmed (pork butt)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons flour mixed with 3 tablespoons cold water
- Place the pork shoulder roast in slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, nutmeg, and allspice; pour over the pork roast. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW and cook for 8 hours.
- Before serving, skim fat from juices and pour the cooking juices into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until slightly reduced and the flavors are concentrated.
- Whisk in the flour and water mixture and continue cooking until thickened. Serve the thickened juices with the pork roast.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|