This easy crock pot pepper steak recipe is a tasty combination of steak strips and peppers in a delicious Asian-inspired sauce mixture. This is great comfort food, perfect for an everyday family dinner.
Serve the pepper steak over hot cooked rice or noodles and include a salad for a fabulous meal.
- 2 pounds beef round steak (about 1 inch thick, cut into 3-inch strips)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (canola, corn oil, safflower, etc.)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (preferably reduced sodium)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 medium clove garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (granulated) or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (14.5 to 16 ounces) tomatoes (cut up, with juices)
- 2 large green bell peppers (cut into strips, or 1 red and 1 green)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Place the beef strips in the crockery insert of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine the vegetable oil, soy sauce, onion, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper, and ginger; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and green peppers; cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour longer.
- Combine the cold water and cornstarch to make a smooth paste; stir into the slow cooker, increase the heat to HIGH and continue cooking until the liquids have thickened.
- Serve pepper steak over noodles or rice.
Serves 6 to 8.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|