This sweet and sour chicken is made with a homemade sauce, pineapple, and chicken breast halves. Add red and green bell pepper strips for extra flavor and color.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash red pepper flakes or ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves (skin removed)
- 1 can (8 or 9 ounces) pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 bell pepper (cut into strips, optional)
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine melted butter, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, salt and pepper, hot pepper, chicken broth; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, until chicken is tender but still moist.
- Add pineapple and bell pepper, if using, and then cook for 20 minutes longer.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||78 g|
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|