|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 78g||100%|
|Saturated Fat 24g||122%|
|Total Carbohydrate 51g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This sweet and sour chicken is made with a homemade sauce, pineapple, and chicken breast halves. You can add red and green bell pepper strips for extra flavor and color.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves (skin removed)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Dash of salt (or to taste)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Dash red pepper flakes (or ground cayenne pepper)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8- to 9-ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained)
- Optional: 1 bell pepper (cut into strips)
Gather the ingredients.
Place chicken in slow cooker.
Combine melted butter, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, and chicken broth.
Pour over the chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, until chicken is tender but still moist.
Add pineapple and bell pepper, if using, and then cook for 20 minutes longer.
Serve and enjoy!